Well, we're another month through 2013, so it's time to check in again and see how my list of goals has been going. It's been a weird month, with lots of holiday time derailing my schedule, so I know before I even go to fill this out that some of these goals have fallen by the wayside. Let's hope this just encourages me to get back on that bandwagon as we get cracking with April, hmm? Alright, let's go!
- blog 4 times a week I've been averaging about 3 posts a week. I decided not to worry so much about how many times I blog, but rather to encourage myself to get better about scheduling my posts in advance and not letting myself leave gaps because I got lazy. So far, so good...ish.
complete my 365 Days of iPhone Photos projectOh, this one is SO dropped! After I forgot my fancy iphone lens in Toronto for a week, I just never got back into the habit of taking a neat photo every day. Plus, the model building I was doing for work has been very finicky and doesn't photograph well. So.... not so much. This one's as good as over!
- complete one photo-an-hour post for each month Yes, yes and yes! Hoping to get April's day photographed this coming weekend.
save my pennies and purchase a new laptop to replace the 8 year old glorified paperweight
- take a trip This one's still far off, and nothing has been booked yet
- create more, and consume less Netflix (or knit while I watch!) It's
Febr uaryMarch. Lay off me.
- read 6 books (this makes me sad. how did it come to this?!) I'm working my way through Blog, Inc, and loving it. Looking like I am more into non-fiction right now, which is why I was having SUCH trouble getting through the novels I was trying to make myself read (and enjoy..)
- create an online portfolio No progress on this one, this month. But I do now have a substantial number of edited photos to use!
- look into continuing education Internship didn't pan out (being overqualified is a gift and a curse), and I don't think that school is on the docket for next year, but the idea of doing my Masters in Scenography (set and costume design) is sounding more and more appealing all the time.
- take my camera with me more (and invest in a serious camera bag) I've definitely been trying to take my camera with me more. My birthday is in May, and a new camera bag is at the top of my list, for sure!
- invest more time and effort into friendships, old and new It's been a good month, in this regard :)
- send 6 pieces of snail mail 2/6, I sent a little package off to Amanda of Salvaged Strawberry this month! Also sent Lisa of Lala Faux Bois her embossed leather banner necklace that she won from my first ever giveaway! Not sure that that one counts, though :P
- build a small business Premonitory Dreams opened in March! I'm still working at designing new items, to be added to the shop as soon as I have a solid day to cut, paste, and photograph.
- exercise twice a week I started taking Zumba on Wednesday nights, to help keep me obligated to exercise at least once a week, making that second trip to the gym no big deal. I am loving it, by the way!
take life drawing classesI'm SO loving taking life drawing classes at the niagara pump house. I've spent the last couple weeks trying out a couple different mediums and focusing on accuracy, and now I'm feeling better equipped to play more with style. get a car
You know, that's actually not as bad as I thought! But I could still stand to do a bit of rededication to some of my goals. I will begin by dragging my sorry butt to Zumba class tonight, and then an exciting evening of cleaning my room and clearing my head. Really, after 2 weeks spent mostly in Toronto, returning to NotL only to swap out my clothes, it's well beyond due. Laundry is a thing, too. Ugh, but all I want to do is watch Veronica Mars!!
How are your goals for the year shaping up? Is the change of season botching up your plans a bit, or have you stayed the course?