Friday 10 May 2013

A Birthday Wishlist

If I haven't mentioned it already, this Sunday is my birthday.  And while I'm not "officially" celebrating for another week (but let's be real, my plans of going to a craft fair and seeing Iron Man 3 is totally all I need) when I can be in Toronto, I'm still super pumped and dreaming about all the things I wish I owned.  I put together a birthday wishlist for my family to help them in their gift shopping, and thought I'd share the visual version here, too.  It always feels like I ask for such random things at the holidays, and seeing them all pictured here... yeah... I don't know what my deal is, haha!

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy more dresses or "trendy" items first hand all summer.  Staple items are okay, and accessories are really where I'm lacking, so those are okay too.  You can never have too many shoes, and as far as simple, black shoes that look good with dresses (ie: not ankle boots), I have...nothing.  Swedish Hasbeens are so damn cute with their 70's silhouette and chunky wooden sole.  I'd get every colour if I could.  But let's start with black (and let it escalate from there).
My boyfriend is becoming a home owner, and has a whole whack of projects to do around the house.  I am a very handy person, thanks to predisposition and several years experience working on theatre sets (I love me some carp shop time).  Hammer drills are necessary for drilling into concrete, but also cover softer materials like wood.  I think it's a good thing to have around, and I'd use it a lot.  I got a whole bunch of hand tools for Channukah, and then inherited even more from my Grandparents, but I want a bit more power behind me to tackle some DIY projects. Fun fact: power tools have been on my holiday wish list since high school.  I still own no power tools.  THIS MUST CHANGE.
Cutting Mats are awesome and really really needed for model building, fast fabric cutting with an rotary knife, and leather working.  So, uh, I definitely need one of these in my studio-to-be!
Pencil Crayons have been my medium of choice for several years.  While in school I worked on incorporating pencil crayon into my watercolour work, but lately I've been wanting to get more into more serious pencil crayon work.  I have coveted Prismacolour sets since I was really little (Grand and Toy was my favourite store at the mall.  I would literally just walk around looking at pens and pencils for a solid half hour, no problem) but couldn't really justify getting a "professional" grade set.  I think I can call myself a pro now.  Like the power tools, this is something that has been on my gift wish list on and off since... childhood.  Wow.  I already know that this wish is being fulfilled this year at long last (thanks Mum!!)
I have been needing a good camera bag for a while now, as sticking my camera loose in my purse wrapped in a scarf was really just playing with some serious fire.  I go back and forth between Toronto every couple weeks, so being able to put my laptop in this bag as well is a serious bonus! I love how large and neutral it is, and I can see me getting a lot of use out of it.  It's advertised as part of their men's line, but this wouldn't be the first time I bought something "masculine" (and preferred it to the women's line on several levels).  It's sharp, professional, and ON SALE.  Uhhh so I snapped that bag up, and actually got it in the mail earlier this week.  Happy birthday to me!

9 comments:

  1. Love the shoes and messenger bag!
    I think following your blog is going to make my wallet thinner LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I do try to keep the "shopping" posts to a minimum! Living in Niagara, there's not much shopping to be done locally, and shopping online for clothes has always freaked me out (I need a particular fit, and I like to be able to feel the fabric) so I'm pretty limited in what I can show. Most of it is just wishful thinking :P

      Delete
  2. Happy early birthday! I love those shoes you've featured here! The bag is super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! The bag is totally as functional as it is pretty. I'm a bit over the moon about it (it is lovingly placed immediately to my right at the moment.. Oooh, aaahh... so lovely)

      Delete
  3. The drill can also be a good self-defense resource ;) Your birthday will be safe with it on your bag. xx

    nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHA!
      Is bone softer than concrete? There's only one way to find out...

      Delete
  4. Happy happy birthday! I hope you enjoy yourself and I do hope that that messenger bag finds you because it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY.

    I love the messenger bag,

    I always use watercolours and never pay much attention to crayons, ut I've been looking for something new to try and experiment with and this looks lovely.

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Blog Thanks For Sharing With Us. I am also Numerologist in Mumbai.Visit my website : - www.viratsharrmaa.com | numerologist mumbai | celebrity numerologist Mumbai | numerology expert mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)