Well folks, we're all but one month through 2013. I'd like to say that it's going by too quickly, but the weather in Ontario through January and February is totally miserable, so, can we just skip right ahead to March already? Please?
In the mean time, the nasty weather has kept me indoors more, and I have tried to keep busy and make a little progress on some of my goals. So let's see how things are shaping up!
- blog 4 times a week so far, so good! Steadily writing 4 posts per week!
- complete my 365 Days of iPhone Photos project Check my updates HERE
- complete one photo-an-hour post for each month Sunday Jan.27! Will post soon.
save my pennies and purchase a new laptop to replace the 8 year old glorified paperweightOkay, Technically I didn't save up in the new year, but finally decided to spend some of the money I already had saved on a new laptop. BEST DECISION EVER. Blogging and photo editing is so much easier now! I got a little 13" Macbook Pro, and named him Verne. ♥♥♥
- take a trip I've been looking up dream destinations in the USA, but no solid plans yet. I can't travel till October, so there's no real rush.
- create more, and consume less Netflix (or knit while I watch!) Verne has made watching some New Girl (I think I finally get that show. maybe?) while I craft into my evening me-time perfection. I'm working hard, and have something funny to listen to all the while!
- read 6 books (this makes me sad. how did it come to this?!) Only made a 100 page dent into Dune. I need to dedicate solid blocks of time to reading, instead of just reading before bed for 30 mins or so, on and off.
- create an online portfolio No progress here, yet!
- look into continuing education Nor here, either.
- take my camera with me more (and invest in a serious camera bag) I'm trying, but without the camera bag this is tricky. I have been using my iphone camera more, of course! Instaspam like whoa...
- invest more time and effort into friendships, old and new I've made some real efforts here, but I'd like to see myself working at this harder, and dedicating some time every week to Skype dates. After all, Verne has a webcam (livin' large, folks).
- send 6 pieces of snail mail 0/6, but getting some goodies together to get started on this...
- build a small business There may be a big announcement coming... but I can't strike this from the list until then!!! (watch as I try to hide my excitement!!)
- exercise twice a week I've been going to the gym 2 or 3 evenings a week. Ephraim and I both have memberships to the gym near my house, and it's great motivation to be able to go with him when he's in town.
- take life drawing classes This sort of hinges on the car thing, so that I can get to and from said classes. So, no drawing naked people this month...
- get a car Any day now!! My Dad has been teaching me to drive stick shift (I have my full license but have only driven automatic transmission), so once I get my car (My uncle is upgrading and giving me his old car. How nice is that?!?) I'll still have a couple weeks of slow and steady country driving before I feel comfortable driving to Toronto, but I'm getting there. I just get nervous too easily about making the next jump in skill level. Practice, practice, practice!
I'm really happy with how I've been doing with my goals so far. Many of these are lifestyle changes, so they'll never really be crossed off the list, but checking in every month or so (I'll likely cut it down once I feel like these new habits have set in) will help keep me on track. It feels pretty good!