Friday 6 July 2012

Good News Everyone!

Just a wee update on the 24 hour playwriting competition:

I did it.  I wrote a play in 24 hours.  Well, I started a little late, slept a bit and still had to do some other stuff, so I wrote and edited a 32 page (8000+ words!) play in about 18 hours.  18 hours!!

I'm quite proud of the piece I produced, and I eagerly await the results, which are announced next Wednesday.  I know a lot of people competing, so I hope I get to celebrate for a friend!! (or myself, that would be cool too, you guys...)

I learned some great things about the way that I work, and how to keep motivated on a seemingly impossible task.  Very much a good use of 24 hours. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

And should you happen to be in Toronto, be sure to check out some Fringe shows and support your local artists!

--Erin

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, good luck! thats awesome

    www.littletreevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria!
      I'll certainly be posting an update when the announcement is made. Hopefully I'll be celebrating for somebody I know :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)