Thursday 19 July 2012

Roadside Treasure

I found treasure on my walk home! I had stopped off at the yarn/fabric store in town intending on starting a sewing project tonight after work, on my walk home.  It was all rainy and crowded out so I walked up a different street than usual to get home, and saw this old floral couch at the side of the road.  Being a terrible dumpster diver, I had to check it out, and found this beauty in a cardboard box on the couch.  I had to rescue it from the rain, so home it came.





I had some crafty plans for it, but after giving the top of it a good scrub to get rid of these gross brown spots (now much fainter, or even completely gone!) the leather is kind of growing on me.  Anyhow, it still needs some cleaning, so I'll have the time I spend fixing her up to decide if I'd like to give the suitcase a major revamp or not. 
It loses a point for missing the mirror, but gains a million for being lined in orange (my favourite colour!). The lining also happens to be gorgeous, and the only water spots are on a panel that's easily covered. 

I've been itching to plan a trip and now it looks like I'll just have to! 

--Erin

6 comments:

  1. What? That's amazing! I can't believe the inside is in such good condition too! Great score! Worth the "dive" I say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Left out with the common trash...tsk tsk. Now I know to make the rounds for goodies Thursday nights! And I spent the whole walk home praying it wasn't heavy because there was a dead squirrel inside or anything, hahahha
      --Erin

      Delete
  2. I know lots of people do it, but it makes me feel a lot less freak like when someone else declares that they shamelessly rummage through stuff on the curb :)
    It's insane what people toss. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I should have shared a photo of the tiny, fully decorated Christmas tree I found at the side of the road last week! I have nowhere to put it though, and this is a very small town. Didn't want to be the weird girl who dragged a plastic Christmas tree across town I the middle of July :p. the experience taught me not to underestimate what people are willing to throw out!
      --Erin

      Delete
  3. I can't believe people throw that kind of stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why it pays not to be above going through people's trash :P.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)