Monday 23 July 2012

My Weekend in Retro Specs v.2

Hello, and happy Monday!
I hope you had a pleasant weekend.  I stayed in Niagara, so things were fairly quiet. I got out to see The Dark Knight Rises (to a theatre 1/3 full, thank you Niagara Falls! I'd love to gush about some design stuff, because Batman is my favourite superhero and I LOVE the art direction of this series, but spoilers suck, so I'll wait!), I enjoyed the trees blooming in my front yard, walked to a nearby historic site, and enjoyed beautiful sunsets.  I also tried a new neighbourhood pub, The Sandtrap.  As it turns out, they have a lot to offer vegetarians, plus they are located well within walking distance from my house.  Score! 

I also tested out my new Belgian Waffle iron, which I purchased in preparation to have a couple friends out to Niagara in a few weeks.  And also I love waffles.  So, uh, there's that, too. If you follow me on instagram (@efgerofsky) then you'll have seen the delicious evidence. Berries and maple syrup are absolutely required. Makes me miss the "breakfast massacres" had with friends: so many breakfasts foods, and no survivors. 

Here are a couple photos from my weekend.  Did anyone else take advantage of the slight dip in temperatures and enjoy a nice walk? We're up to 40 degrees with the humidex again today, hopefully that breaks in a nice thunderstorm some time soon


 --Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)