Thursday 11 October 2012

A Walk Down Autumn Lane

Feeling a bit antsy for a little time alone (for the first time in about 2 weeks), I took myself on a little photo walk on Sunday afternoon.  Just me, my camera, and my tunes - primarily The Shins, if you must know.  The leaves had all changed to brilliant hues, many of them scattered on the ground, and I knew I must take action and preserve the beauty in my lens while I could.  But enough yammering, here's a bit of what I found.
on the road to nowhere
I'm going to be really sad when autumn is over, winter feels awfully long when you live in a small town and haven't got a car! 

This last week off has been all about running around, seeing as many friends as I can, and preparing for my long weekend in Quebec.  I've read tons of plays in preparation for next season, and have managed to get sick...again.  I'm putting myself on a strict regimen of tea drinking, soup slurping, Dr. Who watching and sleeping so that I can enjoy at least one of my little mini trips out of town in good health.  Wish me luck! Or rather, wish my immune system luck? Ugh.  Anybody got any cold remedies they'd like to send my way? 

--Erin

8 comments:

  1. These are wonderful fall photos! I love listening to the Shins at the beginning of every season, it just seems so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far as I'm concerned, The Shins can be the soundtrack to my life. Happy, sad, introspective, dancy tunes, they got it all. Plus they are, to date, the best live show I've ever seen. Their encore was entirely covers, and they played with the openings acts. It was AMAZING!

      --Erin

      Delete
  2. No cold remedies, but I have to say that these are some of the best fall photos I've seen around the blogosphere! I love that you've made "things" other than just leaves the focus, but you can still see the colors in the back ground. Great work!

    ~Erica
    thepaintedtrailer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well aren't you just the sweetest thing!
      I tend to have the attention span of a hummingbird when everything looks so pretty like it does now, my camera lens flitting this way and that! I had a good time traipsing around and capturing the many little details that caught my eye :)

      --Erin

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! Autumn lasted about four days here; it's so cold this year, most of the orange leaves have fallen already. :(

    Cold remedies? Hot drinks with honey in them. Avoid perfumes and air fresheners and anything else with artificial scents in them until you're better. If you've got lots of gunk in your throat, avoid dairy; if you've got no gunk, drink some milk. I used to get sore throats and drippy noses all the time and those were the most helpful things I learned. Hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I am all about the tea with honey right now, and it seems to be doing the trick! Hopefully that and some solid rest and I will be back to normal by Saturday, so I can enjoy my stay in Quebec :).

      --Erin

      Delete
  4. These photos are absolutely gorgeous! I love autumn <3 It's a million degrees in Florida, though... I'm not so sure Autumn will ever come ):
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I love autumn too, though I must say it's getting cold AWFULLY quickly for my tastes. I guess we have to trade something for the beautiful colours we get to enjoy around here!

      --Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)