Wednesday 17 October 2012

O.O.T.D: Wallpaper Pants

I've been wanting a pair of floral printed jeans since I saw Keiko Lynn rocking them some months ago.  I'd often see the Anthropologie floral jeans all the who's who of the blogosphere seemed to own, but failed to submit myself to the hefty price tag.  
Turns out Bluenotes makes something pretty similar for $20.  Sure, they're not as well made, but how likely are floral jeans to become a staple in my wardrobe for years to come? Yeah, $20 novelty pants for the win. 
I unabashedly love this cardigan I got on the same shopping trip.  Elbow patches have been a love of mine for some time, and I'm enjoying seeing them come into use not only in menswear but in women's too! Finally.  Love it.

The Deets:
Scarf: Hand-me-down
T-Shirt: Target
Cardigan: H&M
Floral Jeans: Bluenotes
Moccasins: Minnetonka

--Erin

6 comments:

  1. I love the floral jeans you can get at the moment, but I'm convinced I would buy them and then never wear apart from maybe for an outfit post, so I just can't justify it. These look amazing on you, I love the colour combination, and that cardigan is lovely. I really want one with elbow patches but I think I might just try and do it myself (then I can make them dog shaped!) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I totally get what you mean about not getting much wear out of them! I am hoping to combine them with block colour pieces for the time being, and if I feel I've exhausted them by the summer, I'll cut them into bermuda shorts or something.

      Oh, I started a darning elbow patch tutorial on One Sheepish Girl last winter, but I only ever got half way through, and now I have a lopsided looking sweater... maybe it's time to finish the other side?? HAHA!

      --Erin

      Delete
  2. Found you from BBN! I adore those floral jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Yelle!!
      You share a name with one of my favourite french musicians.
      So there's that!

      --Erin

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE floral jeans! I'm so jealous you found them for $20. I keep thinking how much I want a pair of novelty jeans but really can't justify $75+ on something I won't wear for too long. Cross your fingers that I stumble on a cute/cheap pair soon! You look very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you on not wanting to shell out that kind of dough! I bought these, and a red pair of pants too. I just know these trends won't last long and there's only so much I can wear them with, but for $20, why not have a little fun? I also picked up some pants at the thrift store this weekend I'd like to do a little customization on, perhaps looking forward into the trends for S/S 2013, if the stuff suits my taste. I'm always down for a little DIY :D

      --Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)