Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Heritage House Cafe

While up in Haliburton for the Thanksgiving long weekend, Ephraim and I took a short trip into the town of Haliburton to stop at the drugstore and seek out a cup of coffee (or in my case, tea). After some driving around, we came across the Heritage House Cafe.  The building had previously been Banks' Heritage Store, but has since been converted into a nice little cafe with an adjoining shop, and rooms for rent, b&b style I assume. 

The place was sparsely but meticulously decorated, with rustic wood floors, original molding, crates stacked to create the hostess' stand, and lots of little elements to indicate the cafe's former life as a heritage store.  It was a great place to sit tight and enjoy a hot drink, and though we didn't get anything to eat, I heard tables around ours remark how good the food was.  Large leather chairs, dark wood tables and glass topped rock "filled" (they were hollow!) wire crates created the bulk of the furniture, creating an industrial image and a comfortable atmosphere simultaneously.  Though I am not in the area often, the Heritage House Cafe was a great place to escape the commotion of a family filled cottage. 

--Erin

4 comments:

  1. This place looks gorgeous! I love the wire crate with "rocks" look. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super cute and perfectly suited to cottage country! I think the rocks themselves were real, but they only covered a single layer so the crate itself was hollow in the centre. I wanted to check how heavy it was but didn't want to risk scratching that beautiful old floor!

      --Erin

      Delete
  2. This place looks so cosy and homely.
    You've truly done it justice <3

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the perfect place to escape the windy and wet weather! I was particularly mad about the floors. Wood work just GETS me.

      --Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)