Monday 29 October 2012

Quebec P4: Details of the Old Port (Vieux-Port)

We stayed in the Old part of Quebec city, within the ramparts, but the really really quaint cobblestone old part is down by the water, the old port.  It's unfortunately got quite a few souvenir shops (and stores excluseively selling maple syrup.  I always thought that was quite a thing to base an entire career and business around.) but there's also a fair share of restaurants, including where we stopped for lunch (which I'll get into next week some time). Anyhow, everthing is beautiful to begin with, and then there was some fall decoration and changing colours, and thus my camera was plastered to my face. 
One of the highlights of the old port is the view of the Chateau Frontenac, looming above.  It's such a beautiful building! There's also this little lift you can take up the side of the hill from the port, to get to the chateau. 

--Erin

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! I have a couple other shots of those pumpkins I'd like to do something with. Not sure what just yet, but they're just so.. festive! You know?

      --Erin

      Delete
  2. Wow, Quebec is gorgeous! Have to put it on my travel list for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely there, and no matter the time of year there's always something to see and do (though it gets rather cold)!

      --Erin

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I had no prior mental image of Quebec so I loved seeing these - a gorgeous surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome in the summer! There's a little place on the ramparts I sat to listen to music and draw while I was there last summer. Hope to do the same this coming summer!

      --Erin

      Delete
  4. lovely photos! quebec looks charming, i'd love to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's not called La Belle Province for nothing!

      --Erin

      Delete
  5. Ughhhhh! I love how all of these images take me right to Europe! You make me want to sit at a cafe and read a good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was JUST like europe!
      But closer!
      And cheaper!!

      Delete
  6. Oh man, this place looks amazing! You are so lucky to have this close by! It really looks so European, hard to believe it's not. I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French Canada has to make up for being so cold by being so beautiful! I do enjoy it better in the summer though, haha. It's great, besides the service industry, nobody is speaking English. I'll have to brush up on my skills next time I go!

      --Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)